Thursday, January 7, 2016
This is a very easy dish to make. I had purchased a pack of mixed vegetables which made the preps faster and easier since I didn't have to peel and dice each individual vegetable which would take time. The only tedious part was peeling the shrimp and the quail eggs so I had my husband help me with that. Besides, I was hungry and wanted to get it done quickly. And can someone explain to my husband that I was just trying to delegate ;-) haha
For those requesting the recipe, here it is:
· 3 cups of mixed vegetables (carrots, green peas, green beans and corn)
· 1 cup singkamas (I thought I wouldn’t be able to find some but I did! They call them Jicamas here.)
· 1 lb shrimp, deveined and with the head and shell removed
· 4oz minced ham
· 18 - 24 pieces hard-boiled quail eggs
· 1 small yellow onion, minced
· 1 teaspoon minced garlic
· ¼ cup butter
· 1 tablespoon cooking oil
· ¾ cup water
· 1 can cream of mushroom
· 1 can or ½ cup thick cream
· Salt and pepper to taste
1.Melt the butter in a cooking pan and add the cooking oil.
2. Next sauté the shrimp until cooked then set aside.
3. In the same pan with the same butter and oil mixture, sauté the onion and garlic.
4. Put-in the mixed vegetables. Add the ham and cook for at least 3 minutes.
5. Pour-in the water and let boil.
6. Add the hard-boiled quail eggs and shrimp. Stir gently.
7. Pour-in the cream of mushroom and thick cream. Stir gently until the ingredients are well distributed.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Serve and enjoy!
Thanks for your interest! 😉