Thursday, September 4, 2014

Chicken Asado

Hello again!

I wasn’t that eager to post my Chicken Asado recipe since I felt, hmmm... it was more of a trial of sorts and it still needed some “polishing”. But, it came out good and a friend is actually asking for a copy (no secret ingredients here! Haha) so here it is now:



Ingredients:
§  1 kilo chicken
§  1/4 cup lemon juice
* I used the concentrated juice (see picture below) ‘cause it’s what we had in the fridge. If you do use the same, you might want to be a little conservative and try to start with a little first and then add on according to taste. I will take note of how much I use next time. J
§  8 tablespoons soy sauce or half a cup
* Again, I’m not too sure about this. I kept on adding so I’m guessing I put in about half a cup. As with the lemon juice, add according to taste.
§  1/4 cup butter
§  1 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
§  1 large onion, diced
§  2 pieces dried bay leaves
§  2 large potatoes, quartered
§  2 teaspoon salt
§  1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
§  3/4 cup cooking oil

Procedure
1.    Rub the chicken with salt and pepper and let stand for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
2.    Pan fry the chicken. Set aside.
3.    Heat a cooking pot or wok then put-in the butter.
4.    Sauté the onion in butter.
5.    Add-in the bay leaves and cook for a minute.
6.    Pour-in the tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
7.    Add the soy sauce and lemon juice. Stir and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
8.    Add the pan-fried chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
9.    Place the potatoes in and continue to simmer for 7 to 12 minutes.
10. All done! Transfer to a serving dish.


For a small family like ours, 2 adults and 1 kid, this recipe was good for 3 meals.
The lemon juice concentrate that I used.
                                   
For newbies in the kitchen like me, I’m adding something new to learn.

Kitchen Vocabulary:

Pan Fry
       
Pan-frying is one form of frying characterized by the use of just a little or minimal cooking oil. You only need enough oil to grease the pan. Because of the minimal coverage, you must flip the food so both sides can be cooked.




Happy cooking!







Ting

No comments:

Post a Comment